What We Believe
We are a Member Congregation of the Southern Baptist Messianic Fellowship.
Our statement of faith is that of the Southern Baptist Convention and can be viewed at the following link:
Here are some of our essentials:
1. that the Tenach (which consists of the Torah, Nevi'im, Ketuvim--Law, Prophets, Writings (the "Old Testament)) were given by God to the Jewish people of antiquity who wrote as God so led. We believe that the Tenach is true and inerrant;
2. that the Brit Chadasha ("New Testament") is the fulfillment of the prophecies of the Tenach. We believe that the Tenach and the Brit Chadasha together comprise the divinely given, inerrant Word of God, which is complete and final;
3. that Yeshua (Jesus), who was born in Bethlehem (as prophesied) and grew up in Nazaret, is the divine Son of God, a son of David, from the tribe of Judah, is the true Messiah that was prophesied in the Tenach;
4. that all people of the world, both Jew and Gentile, are invited to be a part of Israel's fulfilled covenant as given in the Brit Chadasha by trusting in Yeshua (Jesus) as their redemption;
5. that forgiveness of sin comes only by blood atonement as stated in Leviticus 17:11 and that the only atonement God will accept today is the final and sufficient atonement that was made by Yeshua (Jesus) upon the tree;
6. that Yeshua (Jesus) was resurrected from the grave in order to be our eternal Priest of the Brit Chadasha;
7. that Yeshua (Jesus) is coming back to earth in order to rule in a Kingdom of righteousness. We believe that His first appearance was as that of Isaiah 53's suffering servant (Maschiach ben Yosef), in order to make atonement for sin, and that his second appearance will be as the King (Maschiach ben David), setting up God's Kingdom on the earth.